Hikvision is a well-known brand for Ultra High-Definition Cameras, which provides premium quality images and video recording for surveillance or security systems. Hikvision is known for making great hardware, and their CCTV cameras are robust; they have great products in various categories.
Hikvision video file corruption
As its responsibility of security, Hikvision products offer error-free recordings; but sometimes the recordings may get corrupt due to some minor mistakes or errors.
Hence, users are always advised to take precautions in handling camera memory cards because one minor mistake is enough to damage all the data. In the case of Hikvision recordings, they have a full range of video security system solutions, but sometimes, we are unable to get any recordings on the microSD card or even on the hard drive because Hikvision recordings got corrupted.
Mistakes to avoid while using video recorders
- While using the memory card, never try to remove it during the recording process.
- Try to remove the memory card safely and then remove it from its slot.
- When the battery is running low, avoid taking pictures and making videos.
- Try to keep rechecking all files before erasing them permanently.
- Avoid using the “Delete All” button on the Digital Camera.
- In the case of any digital camera or memory card, try to handle it with care.
Reasons behind Hikvision recordings getting damaged
- Interruption during the transfer of videos from camera to DVR may damage or corrupt the recording.
- Malfunctioning of the hardware.
- Bugs in software used in the Hikvision system may lead to such issues.
- While recordings on an SD card, any kind of bugs and errors in the SD card can damage the recordings.
Methods to repair Hikvision video files
To repair corrupted Hikvision video files, you can follow the below-mentioned simple solutions.
Solution 1- Repair video files using a professional solution
For the smooth playback of video, you can try Kernel Video Repair, using which you can easily repair the corrupt Hikvision video files. It repairs all kinds of media files and video streaming issues like MP4, MPEG, DivX AVCHD, MPEG4, DV, HDV, etc., from all brands and devices like DSLR, camcorders, CCTVs, drones, dash cam, point and shoot, mirrorless, etc. It can also repair videos form from your Android and iPhone devices. This tool doesn’t compromise the quality of the video file; it retains the video file integrity throughout the whole repairing process.
Solution 2- Rename the video file
Renaming the file is a method by which users can simply solve the problematic naming issues, which prevent the file from opening in media players. Try to use simple names without using any special characters.
Steps to rename the file
- Go to the video file, Right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear; select Rename. And rename your file.
Solution 3- Try a different codec
The codecs are used by developers to compress the video file. In the absence of its codec, you won’t be able to play the audio or the video. For video files, there is a need for codecs to support the playback of video files. And if the codec is not supported or not available, we won’t be able to play the video files. Hence to overcome the video codec support issue, try a different codec.
Solution 4- Repair the video file header
File Header has the data related to video transmission or live streaming, including the sender, date, time, and duration of the transmission. If the video file header gets corrupt, you won’t be able to play it. And to use it again, you need to repair the file header. You can use VLC Media Player or a Hex editor program to fix the video file header issues.
Repairing the corrupt Hikvision recordings using manual solutions is a difficult task. The video file may get corrupted after some time. Using a professional tool is necessary in this case. Using the advanced Video Repair tool, users can easily repair video files in almost every format. To know more, you can try the demo version of this best video repair software.